Thursday, July 24, 2014

Savage XCOM Plans

I've been playing XCOM: Enemy Within with the Long War mod,  and as I have I have been wanting to be able to run Savage XCOM again. I ran it a few times with mixed results and used a conversion based on the older XCOM games. It was a very good conversion but not exactly what I needed for the style of my game.

So I'm remaking another one. I will be basing it off the Long War mod, since that's what I was looking for in terms of player customization and alien behavior. It also is a lot more "realistic" than what the vanilla game and, somewhat, the DLC gave us. The gear and abilities will be more varied as well, players being able to carry two miscellaneous items, by default, plus a primary and secondary weapon, or something to that effect. I want to keep the flavor of XCOM with the speed of Savage Worlds. And I think I can do that, as good as the other conversion is! So I'll be working on that as well.

Man, I've got a lot of projects going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment